Thursday, February 18, 2010

Candle






This a more of a smaller project of mine. Because of a long break I had from Blender, this was just to refresh my memory. The big thing I learned from this was subsurface scattering. Because of the physics of light waves, The color reflected back is affected by the object it comes in contact to. This, I think, is a correct and brief discription of what it does.


Below, is an image without subsurface scattering. Note that this has a subsurface scattering of .1. Thus, the area the color of the light is mixed with the color of the object is smaller. Anything higher creates a warm blurry glow. For this, I used an area of 1 to achieve the wax material

Another major tool I learned was the wave modifier. The wave modifier lets you create simple waves, ripples, wakes without using the memory-consuming physics engine. It allows decent effects combined with a quick understanding for its capability. All in all, after this break, I plan to exlore more complex and attractive 'projects.'





No comments:

Post a Comment